| || |
Council Member Fernando Dutra
Fernando Dutra was elected to the City Council in April 2014 to a four-year term. Previously, Fernando was appointed by the City Council in August 2012 to fill the remaining term of the Council seat vacated by Greg Nordbak.
Fernando and his wife, Mary, have three children—Sara, Megan, and Eric. The Dutras have lived in Whittier since 1987. Fernando is President of Allwest Development Company and holds licenses for general building contractor and general engineering.
Fernando served as a Member of the Planning Commission for six years from 2006 to 2012 and has served as Chairman of the Commission. Prior to his term on the Planning Commission, he served for six years on the Design Review Board. He has chaired the Metro Light Rail Extension Project Washington Boulevard Coalition; sits on the Whittier YMCA Board of Directors; and has served on the St. Gregory Parish Board.
City Council Appointed Organizations
- Southeast Area Social Services Funding Authority, Alternate
- Whittier Redevelopment Successor Agency Oversight Board
- Gateway Cities Council of Governments, SR91/I-605 Corridor Cities Committee, Delegate
- Southeast Water Coalition (SEWC), Delegate
- Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG), Alternate
- Gateway Cities Council of Governments, Delegate
- Gateway Cities Council of Governments Transportation Committee, Delegate
- League of California Cities, Los Angeles County Division, Alternate
- Clean Power Alliance of Southern California, Delegate
City Council Committees
- Gold Line Light Rail
- Bond Capital Projects Oversight
- Greenway Trail East Design
| || |