| || |
Credit Transaction Limit
Due to the gradual, yet steady increase, in merchant credit card fees, the City of Whittier has established a $5,000 credit card limit per transaction. Effective Monday, December 1, 2014, payments over $5,000 must be made by check, cash, or debit/ATM card. A transaction is defined as the combined fees/taxes, per customer/location, per day, regardless of multiple payees. Payment by debit card is not affected.
Please feel free to contact the Administrative Services Department - Revenue Management Division at (562) 567-9860 if you have any questions.
Business licenses online services.
- Apply - Submit a business license application online
- Renew – Renew business license online
- Pay – Pay an outstanding balance for business license
- Close – Close a business online
- Search – Business search
- Report a Problem
- Update – Request account information
Pursuant to Section 405 c (2)C(i) of Title 42 of the United States Code, entrepreneurs are required to submit their Social Security number to the City of Whittier. Although disclosure of this information is mandatory in order for the City to properly administer the business license tax program, Social Security numbers are not public record and will not be disclosed to any members of the public.
FOG Fee - The City of Whittier is required by both the Regional Water Quality Control Board, Los Angeles Region, under NPDES Permit No. CAS004001, Order No. R4-2012-0175, and the State Water Resources Control Board, under Order No. 2006-0003-DWQ, to conduct environmental compliance inspections of commercial facilities within its jurisdiction. Your facility and operations will be inspected by the City for compliance with these Orders. The purpose of the environmental inspection is to:
1. Ensure that pollutants such as oil, waste water and trash do not discharge directly from your facility and into the storm drain system, and
2. Ensure that excess fats, oils and grease (FOG) do not discharge into the sanitary sewer lines. Excess FOG creates clogs in sewer lines, which can cause sewer overflows. Sewer overflows can result in the discharge raw sewage into the storm drain system.
Please refer to the City of Whittier’s user fee schedule for the current FOG inspection cost.
Please contact the City of Whittier Public Works Department at (562) 567-9500 if you have any questions or concerns.
California Legislative SB-1186 C (7.5)(4467)(a)(4469)/AB-1379 C (667) Statutes 2017 states that any applicant for a local business license or equivalent instrument or permit, and from any applicant for the renewal of a business license shall pay an additional fee of four dollars ($4) for that license, instrument, or permit which shall be collected by the city, county, or city and county that issued the license, instrument or permit.
(4469) On and after January 1, 2013, each city, county, or city and county shall provide to an applicant for a business license or equivalent instrument or permit and to an applicant for the renewal of a business license or equivalent instrument or permit, the following information: “Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public. You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:
The Division of the State Architect at www.dgs.ca.gov/dsa/Home.aspx.
The Department of Rehabilitation at www.rehab.cahwnet.gov.
The California Commission on Disability Access at www.ccda.ca.gov.”
CLICK THIS LINK: https://online.cityofwhittier.org/BLWEB/?_ga=2.144920948.1731795144.1512409776-783632297.1492639211
If you have any questions regarding business licenses, please visit the Business License page here.
Water and Trash Bill
QUICK PAY ENROLLMENT NOW AVAILABLE – SAVES PAYMENT INFORMATION!!
After submitting a payment online, select ENROLL WITH YOUR CURRENT INFORMATION, set up a User/Login ID and password for future payment use.
Click here for step by step instructions.
The online water/trash payments are processed by Wells Fargo and are limited to eCheck only. Some highlights of the service are:
The are processed by Wells Fargo and are limited to eCheck only. Some highlights of the service are:
- All payments made Monday – Friday before 4 pm will be processed by the bank the same day.
- Payments made after 4 pm or on weekends and holidays will be processed the following business day.
- Payments are posted to your water/trash account within three days of bank processing.
- Please be sure to include your entire bank account number from your check, including all zeros.
- Please note that when signing up you will need to create a user login and password.
- In order to pay online, you will need your City utility account number and the amount you owe. The online system will show your account history, but not your balance due.
- You will continue to receive your bill through the mail, even after registering to pay online.
- Pay Water/Trash Bills
QUICK PAY ENROLLMENT NOW AVAILABLE – SAVES PAYMENT INFORMATION!! If you have any questions, please contact Public Works Customer Service at (562) 567-9530.
Click here for E-Bill Express Terms and Conditions.
| || |